FAMILY SELF-SUFFICIENCY HOMEBUYER’S INCENTIVE (HI) PROGRAM
The purpose of the Family Self-Sufficiency Homebuyer’s Incentive (HI) Program is to:
- Prepare families for homeownership
- Assist families in achieving economic independence
- Assist families in becoming self-sufficient and eliminate dependence on government assistance
The objective is to develop a five-year training and services plan that will help participating families reach self-sufficiency. Support services include:
- Money Management
- Job Readiness Training
- Homeownership & Personal Counseling
- GED Assistance
- Case Management
- Be eligible for public housing
- Be employed or in a job readiness/training program
- Be interested in homeownership
- Have a desire to eliminate dependence on government assistance
- Have a good rental history
- Be willing to perform home maintenance (light repairs and lawn care)
- Exhibit good housekeeping
- Be willing to attend and participate in homeownership training and personal counseling
For more information call 731-422-1671 x 131
NEW HOMES FOR SALE
Jackson Housing Authority has four (4) homes for sale to qualified buyers. Please contact our office for additional information regarding your eligibility to purchase any of the homes listed below.
201A Phillips Street – $72,000
3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms with very nice cabinets and ceramic tile in wet areas furnished with stainless steel appliances.
212 Phillips Street – $72,000
3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms featuring a large walk-in closet in the master bedroom.
224 Phillips Street – $71,000
3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms with very nice cabinets and ceramic tile in wet areas and black appliances in the kitchen.
228 Phillips Street – $71,000
3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms featuring a large walk-in closet in the master bedroom. Furnished with stainless steel appliances.
EMPOWERING FAMILIES AND ENLARGING FUTURES THROUGH